August 03, 2007

Term and waiting

Well friends...here we are. The belly is now 37 weeks - so supposedly "any time." At our doctor visit yesterday, I was already 3cm dilated - but the doc assured Alex the baby wouldn't just fall out...at least not until I'd had a few painful contractions to earn her :-) So we wait...here are some pictures of what we are doing, besides work, etc., to stay occupied!


I turned around one morning and Abbie had picked up a copy of Alex's latest publication - she was reading her Daddy's chemistry paper! A little extra peer review never hurt...:-)


Here's a reflection picture of Mama, Abbie, Ali and Papa in the "giant bean" sculpture at Millenium park. Uncle Dan just moved to Chicago so we were meeting him for a concert in the park.



Here we are enjoying our new set of wheels - it's a big hit! We can run, go off-roading and also tote Baby Sister when she comes! Mama loves the new double jogger - she had to jog with it just for half a block to test it out...hmm...maybe she should jog for a whole block and the waiting for the baby would be over!


Abbie playing in the fountain at Millenium Park on a hot Chicago afternoon.

Nana and Abbie building a sandcastle at the beach, also on a hot Chicago afternoon...there's been a trend of these hot Chicago afternoons lately! Not that I'm pregnant, over heated and noticing hot afternoons or anything ;-)

Abbie and Daddy on an evening stroll as Mama waddles along. We're trying to do lots of walking!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh! I'm so excited for you I just can't wait (this may have something to do with the fact that WE have to wait a whole 4-5 more months)! Glad you found a double stroller you like--I'm sure it will be a sanity-saver once BOJ2 arrives :-). Keep us posted!

a&e said...

also from the perspective of waiting 4-5 months until our BOJ greets the world, we are very excited for you guys!!! we've just recently procurred our very own stroller that can convert into the jogger, bike trailer, hiker and even cross country skiier. pretty awesome!! oh, and we're excited for the baby too . . . :)