March 03, 2008

This is NOT Normal

Okay, so I've never understood those situations in which people walk by on the street and the kid is conked out in the stroller... in broad daylight. In the street, with noise, lights, excitement all around...until Isabel came along. She does that sometimes when it is her nap time and I get her all cozy in the stroller...Abbie - never. So since Abbie has quit napping (I still enforce a quiet time in the bed in the hopes that she will pick it up again and I won't go into details about how "quiet" she is during that "quiet time") she has been tired in the evenings ( early bedtime!) and this is what happened after playing in the park on the way home from our "baby jog" the other night. We couldn't believe our eyes. Well, they LOOK like angels, but believe me...you should've been a fly on the wall in the next instant when two hungry, tired babes awoke and weren't so happy about that...:-) I guess we should've kept running!

I think the secret is the plastic weather cover - you gotta get them really warm and cozy and they can't help but doze off...I mean, poor Isabel can't even move in that snowsuit! Nothing else to do but nap...



No comments: