Well, along with the arrival of spring comes the love affair all little kids have with M-U-D! This is just the beginning - it got MUCH worse before it got better...and the clothes and everything were actually still very clean in this situation. This mud puddle, compared to others that have been discovered/created on purpose, was actually pretty tame....:)
Some of us were struck down by a third round of stomach flu...hopefully done with that for this year! I think the girls are going to have mixed feelings about stainless steel mixing bowls when they are adults and have their own kitchens.
Cool crocheted tree at the arboretum. Em isn't sure what to think.
We had a lovely visit with my childhood friend, Reba, and her daughter Madeline who rode the Amtrak down for a visit! Lots of girl time :)
Although some were not always thrilled with all the "woman handling" that occurred...the older two kept wanting to get the younger two to sit for a nice picture...the younger two had other ideas...someday they will look back and smile, right?!
This is what I woke to on the day before Mother's Day! A special picnic...complete with a personal block tower at each spot! It was a lovely breakfast...although after all the orange juice and maple syrup, I did have to do a bit of carpet cleaning :)
Watching for ....the swamp monster? Or maybe they would be happy just to see a turtle peek up...
We had a couple of really hot days - so confusing to the girls since it's been so cold again! We have had differing ideas on what to wear most days this spring! But on this particular day we were in agreement! Tutu for Iz, Speedo for Abbie and soggy diaper for Em.
Isn't this how we all wish our potty was situated? I am by no means trying to get her to use the potty with regularity. But sometimes she loves to run around naked, and since it's usually while I'm trying to cook dinner and bath is just around the corner - why dirty another cloth diaper? So I get her to sit on her chair a bit. As long as we have snacks (big old carrot) and viewing (the ENTIRE neighborhood) who can resist, right? Although, someday she will point out to me that the entire neighborhood could also see her...but...

3 comments:
First of all, LOVE the potty pic. Print that one out and save it for the picture collage at her graduation party!!
Secondly, love several things about your mother's day picnic:
1. Love Emelia's expression
2. Love that Izzie appears to be wearing ONLY a robe.
3. Love that there is a baby doll with its own spot...presumably to represent baby #4?
4. Love that Alex felt pancakes were appropriate for picnicking on carpet!! :)
MISS YOU GUYS A LOT!!!
Robyn
I bet the neighbors really wonder what goes on at your house:-) But, it's true, a lovely view while sitting. Looks like Em jumps right into everything. Each child learns from the one before - she's going to a real handful - wait until she creates a few of her own ideas!
Grandma M
Um - yes, I believe Em already has some of her own ideas...luckily we can still persuade her otherwise most of the time..?!
Yes - it's a good day if Miss Isabel chooses to wear underwear, lately...sigh...a battle I'm not going to "choose" to pursue as we usually go through a couple clean outfits a day anyhow...everything gets washed frequently. :) And that baby doll...omg. Her name is Madeline and she goes EVERYWHERE with us...did I say everywhere? She is Abbie's baby and Abbie insists she is a REAL Mom. Madeline sleeps with her, eats with her, plays outside with her, rides in the car with her and even bathes with her. I haven't made any moves to stop this either, as I wonder if she is somehow "role playing" for the new baby and I don't see any reason to interfere. But trust me, it takes longer to pack Madeline's diaper bag than it does mine before we leave the house!!!! Abbie has decided to use her Easter money to purchase a new stroller...sigh..:)
Post a Comment