I want to write a tribute to the best little running buddy around. Since the end of Februrary, when Abbie was old enough to ride in the baby jogger, Mama and Abbie have logged over 250 miles in this baby buggy. Abbie's favorite way to ride is leaning forward with her hair in the wind and if Mama doesn't go fast enough to create a wind, Abbie lets her know! Abbie is currently training me for the Chicago Half Marathon on October 1st. Unfortunately, wheels aren't allowed on the course, so she will be cheering from the sidelines, waiting patiently with the ever-present stash of stale Cheerios and a drool-covered water bottle for Mama to finish the race... There have been rainy days (Abbie gets the rain tent, Mama gets wet), sunny days, cold days, tired days, hot days, sore days and days when we have to get out and play way too many times for Mama to get many miles in...but whatever the weather or the training buddy brings, we have created many happy memories already. Thanks little running buddy!
September 18, 2006
In Training
I want to write a tribute to the best little running buddy around. Since the end of Februrary, when Abbie was old enough to ride in the baby jogger, Mama and Abbie have logged over 250 miles in this baby buggy. Abbie's favorite way to ride is leaning forward with her hair in the wind and if Mama doesn't go fast enough to create a wind, Abbie lets her know! Abbie is currently training me for the Chicago Half Marathon on October 1st. Unfortunately, wheels aren't allowed on the course, so she will be cheering from the sidelines, waiting patiently with the ever-present stash of stale Cheerios and a drool-covered water bottle for Mama to finish the race... There have been rainy days (Abbie gets the rain tent, Mama gets wet), sunny days, cold days, tired days, hot days, sore days and days when we have to get out and play way too many times for Mama to get many miles in...but whatever the weather or the training buddy brings, we have created many happy memories already. Thanks little running buddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great team :). I'm a little behind, but I meant to comment a couple weeks ago--I can't believe Abbie's walking! Talk about an early-starter...boy, she just KNOWS there's a whole lotta world to see (thanks to her wonderful parents!) and can't wait to get moving, can she?
Thank God for that baby jogger. I know that you will have a very good race Katie ... you sure have worked hard for it.
Love,
Dad
Soon Abbie will want to reverse rolls and she will want to run with you riding in the jogger. I know that will be a conflict for you, but for some of us shorter distance runners,( who happen to be a but older) that doesn't sound all so bad, except I wonder what kind of a driver Abbie chooses to be! I have some idea..... I don't know if I would be brave enough!
Nana
Post a Comment