September 17, 2007

Minnesota Tradition


A fun fall Minnesota tradition is apple picking! The whole family, plus our good friend Carl, headed out to Apple Holler on Sunday morning to pick some apples. The adventure follows...


Abbie got the hang of the "pick one eat one" philosophy pretty quickly!

Here are the girls heading out into the orchard



Alex and Carl posing with a juicy red apple - unfortunately the mosquitos were kinda bad before the sun came out. Everyone was a good sport about it though. Carl even consented to tying a baby blanket around his head like a bandana to keep them off his neck - believe me - the look was fetching; a real way to pick up ladies...toddlers that is (see below)


Carl came bearing gifts! He brought clothes and books for the girls - for a bachelor, he sure knows how to match stretch pants and onsies! Abbie took to him right away - she wasn't shy like she usually is. She convinced Carl to read her a few books before we left.


I think this one speaks for itself :-)


Carl turns out to be an excellent stroller -pusher! He was in charge of the wheels in the orchard. He gave the new double jogger a thumbs up and said it handles well, better than his Z3 back home.


Daddy and Abbie snagging a big pick.


The whole fam in the orchard.

Abbie deciding to ride the pumpkin like a horse...too bad they didn't have pony rides :-)

Grandma's beautiful knitting handiwork

Again - matching sisters!! Thanks to Grandma M. for knitting these beautiful fall sweaters...perfect for apple picking!




Our littlest apple-picker. Happy One-Month birthday today Isabel Elizabeth! We love you so much!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carl looks like a natural - find him a nice girl, will you!

Mom Martinson

Ben and Robyn said...

Yes, your posting does make Carl look like quite the desirable bachelor. Who needs Match.com when you've got this blog?? Can't wait to see those sweet nieces of mine soon!
Auntie Robyn

sprocketplug said...

are you going to adopt carl? I think he would make a beautiful addition to your already stunning family.
-P-Dizzle

Jessica said...

There was almost too much cuteness in this post for me to handle (but don't worry, somehow I managed)...and I love the knitwear! I can't believe Isabel is a month old already. Wasn't she just born yesterday?

Sam said...

Those are pretty snazzy sweaters. I wish I had one for myself with fall approaching! Too bad we don't live closer so I'd have two adorable girls to play with more often!

Kelsey