We're still here! The title sums up our exciting times around here - but I'm sure all will settle down on Friday when our reign of being a family with 3 kids aged 3 and under is over, as Abbie turns 4 on Friday! I'm sure this will straighten things out and chaos will be replaced by serenity and tranquility in our abode...;-) No really, the adjustment to having little Emelia has gone (dare I say it?!) SMOOTHLY thus far and although there is chaos, there was chaos BEFORE she arrived...so she fits right in and we are loving having her here! She's changed so much already - her umbilical stump fell off and since then she's become less neonate and more baby! she's three weeks old today...

Her hair is LIKE this!! I can't get it to lie flat...although, who would want to put it flat - to be this lucky to have a naturally-built mohawk... I think we'll embrace it, it won't last forever :-) Or will it...?

"Look, look, my eyes are OPEN! I'm spending more time awake! Not always by choice..sometimes it's hard to catch a wink around here in the mornings...my sisters love to play...and not very quietly either..."
A family picture - someone catch the baby before she crumps over
"Uncle Dan -good idea, shall I be a football for Halloween? I'm about the right size...now to find some leather that fits!"

Nana came to visit and the girls conned her into playing "nest" with them! Emelia opted for her own, more safe and less cuddly nest ...

Emelia meets Uncle Dan and Beth! I have to say, Uncle Dan, you've improved since Isabel was born - you actually look like a natural here! I believe you were rather ginger when holding your second neice...but you look like a pro holding your third!

Papa has been coming over to visit and play (and fold our never-ending loads of laundry!)

"What do you say, Daddy, can we get one when we get our licenses?" Since it's smaller maybe it doesn't cost so much, huh?! Izzie kept saying, "An Izzie-sized car! An Izzie-sized car!!" So, we had to try it out...:-)

Daddy and Emelia time...

Sooooo tired

The girls were doing a show for us...I will say, someone better teach Isabel the PROPER way to wear a fancy dress?!

Here we are at the park when Emelia was two days old! Life goes on...and it was a beautiful fall day...so off we went :-) She loved it...although she slept the whole time ;-)

Grandma and Grandpa came to visit the week before Emelia was born. We were hoping they would be here for the big event, but as it turned out she made her appearance the day after they left! As soon as Auntie Robyn arrived... Woudn't ya know....well, we still had lots of fun and the pleasant company was appreciated!
Her hair is LIKE this!! I can't get it to lie flat...although, who would want to put it flat - to be this lucky to have a naturally-built mohawk... I think we'll embrace it, it won't last forever :-) Or will it...?
"Look, look, my eyes are OPEN! I'm spending more time awake! Not always by choice..sometimes it's hard to catch a wink around here in the mornings...my sisters love to play...and not very quietly either..."
Nana came to visit and the girls conned her into playing "nest" with them! Emelia opted for her own, more safe and less cuddly nest ...
Emelia meets Uncle Dan and Beth! I have to say, Uncle Dan, you've improved since Isabel was born - you actually look like a natural here! I believe you were rather ginger when holding your second neice...but you look like a pro holding your third!
Papa has been coming over to visit and play (and fold our never-ending loads of laundry!)
"What do you say, Daddy, can we get one when we get our licenses?" Since it's smaller maybe it doesn't cost so much, huh?! Izzie kept saying, "An Izzie-sized car! An Izzie-sized car!!" So, we had to try it out...:-)
Daddy and Emelia time...
Sooooo tired
The girls were doing a show for us...I will say, someone better teach Isabel the PROPER way to wear a fancy dress?!
Here we are at the park when Emelia was two days old! Life goes on...and it was a beautiful fall day...so off we went :-) She loved it...although she slept the whole time ;-)
Grandma and Grandpa came to visit the week before Emelia was born. We were hoping they would be here for the big event, but as it turned out she made her appearance the day after they left! As soon as Auntie Robyn arrived... Woudn't ya know....well, we still had lots of fun and the pleasant company was appreciated!
Izzie riding the balance bike she got for her b-day from G&G.
Abbie riding the purple bike (big emphasis on purple as that was specified emphatically by her!) she received for her b-day from G&G.
WE DO HAVE THEM WEAR HELMETS!!! Just posing for pictures...
Grandpa walking in the trees with the girls at the Arboretum - so nice that Grandpa could do this as I was feeling rather pregnant and cumbersome at the time!

3 comments:
I LOVE Izzie in the (somewhat revealing) Tinkerbell dress...and all I can think is that when the kids are all teenagers, I think I might be rather glad that I had all boys! :)
Thanks for posting pictures! We've been anxious to see more of Emelia, she does look like she has changed so much already. Love Abbie and Izzie's jogging suits on the bikes. They look like serious (and color coordinated) bikers! Be well!
Emelia is sooooo precious! Please give her lots of kisses from me!! And I love the pics of Abbie and Izzie. Izzie's dress is fab! Such a trend setter!! :) And give Abbie hugs on her FOURTH birthday! Love you guys!! :)
Post a Comment