March 08, 2012

oh boy...

Well. I just registered the older two girls and I for our first triathlon! Abbie and Izzie are completely psyched. I....well...BEFORE kids I ran marathons. After #1 I ran a half marathon. After #2 I ran a 10 mile. After #3 I aquired a running buddy and we ran together. After #4?? well. I guess I'm trying a triathlon. Granted, it's a mini triathlon: Swim 1/4 mile, bike 12, run 2. I limited myself to the mini...but maybe that's more challenging since everyone sprints? SPRINT? what is a sprint? It's what I do when my girls are about to run out into traffic or something...jeesh. I have some work to do. I DON'T EVEN OWN A BIKE! I better get on Craigslist.

Here's to setting a good example for my girls...I'm going bike shopping...and I'm getting another glass of wine! If anyone has any tips for triathloning...PLEASE send my way!

Katie

2 comments:

keesa said...

My only tip is this: People who do tris are normally not swimmers. They survive the swimming and flourish on the rest. If you can be prepared for the swim, you'll be in good shape.

Tris are really fun!

Anonymous said...

Karl can give you all the info you'll ever need when we see you on the 26th:-) He's had just a wee bit of experience, hehe! How are the girls involved in the triathlon?

Love,
Ali