




Well, I sit here while our beautiful baby girls sleeps...we played and read books for an hour and then the little yawns started coming fast and furious, so we rocked and snuggled until she dropped off to sleep. I look at her lying there in her cradle, so perfect and sweet, and realize what a marvelous gift she really is...sent from somewhere in the universe to us to have and hold during her time on earth. I feel so privileged...babies really are amazing creatures. Alex and I were talking last night about how we never really understoond how our parents loved us until we became parents ourselves...the love of a parent for their child is an amazing concept. Well, sniff sniff, now I'm getting all teary, maybe this is enough musing for a Tuesday morning. I just wanted you all to know how very much in awe I am ....I don't think that will every fade. Every day as she changes and grows bigger I feel I am saying goodbye to one more day of babyland, etching it in my memory, and turning to embrace the newest day of growth and learning...amazing.
And hey, last night she slept for SIX hours at a time??? What's up with that! We're not complaining, she's our little angel baby! That was some good stuff...maybe this is why I can actually put together a clear and coherent sentence of musing...hehe. Thanks for the refreshing stretch Abbie-Girl! Now...I'm off to go lean over the cradle and smell her sweet baby smell and inhale her sweet baby breath just one more time...
4 comments:
What beautiful pictures - she does have a dimple! At least on one side. Already she has changed so much. Can't wait to see her again. And Katie, I now exactly what you mean. We felt (and feel) the same way.
MOM(Grandma) M
Katie; So very well said my darling! Ah, manyfold are the joys of precious children.
Six hours of sleep, feeding and another 3 hours of sleep. WOW! What an incredible child! To think I will get to hold her in just 10 days. Sigh!
DAD (Grampa) F.
I wasn't kidding when I said that you would not be the same person that you were when you leave that hospital.... It is as if you were reborn with a whole new agenda, or mission in life. I was impressed by a quote of Johnny Depp during an interview... He said when they handed him his daughter for the first time he was transformed and he exclaimed, "Now I get it...!" For someone who has a lot of attention and thrills in his life to admit the biggest thrill is to love your child, and is really one of the only truths of life... that is impressive. Can you forgive your parents for all the weird concerns and worries we went through? We love you the way you love Abbie, and we love Abbie with a whole new thrilling dimension of love!
Mom/ Grandma F.
I wasn't kidding when I said that you would not be the same person that you were when you leave that hospital.... It is as if you were reborn with a whole new agenda, or mission in life. I was impressed by a quote of Johnny Depp during an interview... He said when they handed him his daughter for the first time he was transformed and he exclaimed, "Now I get it...!" For someone who has a lot of attention and thrills in his life to admit the biggest thrill is to love your child, and is really one of the only truths of life... that is impressive. Can you forgive your parents for all the weird concerns and worries we went through? We love you the way you love Abbie, and we love Abbie with a whole new thrilling dimension of love!
Mom/ Grandma F.
Post a Comment